The link below gives a breakdown by county of the damage done to homes and business in New Jersey due to Hurricane Sandy. I live in the Leonardo section of Middletown, which was heavily hit
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/hurricane_sandys_destruction_a.html
Just an unbelieveable list of devastation!! Also interesting to read some of the discussion in the comments at the bottom of the page, too.
ReplyDeletethat is quite a list, and the discussion comments add to it.... I was really surprised not to see Freehold listed under Monmouth county as various homes that were crushed in parts, that were reported during the storm coverage, but nothing seems visible from the air I guess.... the massive damage can only be explained as a war zone.
ReplyDeleteHubby and I were watching a documentary from the great Asian tidal wave in 2004. Over 250,000 people died,
and the rubble was extensive.... another war zone story.... but most of those with no insurance at all.....
These catastrophes are just overwhelming to comprehend. And then to relive what Japan went through not so long ago as nature created destruction.... some of it is just too overpowering to comprehend....
My heart is touched by all of it, prayers continue for all those affected.
Unbelievable devastation, Mother Nature wrecking havoc .......I also thought of the 2004 tidal wave, we had friends who was in Pakuet in Thailand when it hit. Terrible and the earthquake and tidal wave over Japan last year, similar scenes.
ReplyDeleteHugs you tight, you are safe , so is your family and your home. Prayers continue for all involved or affected.
It's so sad. Thanks Joanne. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Joanne I am so glad everything is OK with you it was indeed a terrible storm
ReplyDelete