Wednesday, November 14, 2012
After the Hurricane
Well, it was as bad, and worse, than they said it would be. Mind-boggling devastation, so many lost homes, cars, personal property. Lives turned upside down, and so overwhelming that where to even start is beyond most folks. So much help has arrived - power companies from all over the country have traveled here to help get power restored, church and citizen groups opening up distribution centers for the mountains of items donated, serving hot meals and a place to stay. Amish and Mennonite men and women came from Pennsylvania and are going door to door asking to help clear debris, cut trees, fix what can be fixed - its amazing, police from other states helping our local police forces and our State Police - I saw a Michigan State Trooper at the marina the other day. Words cannot express how grateful everyone is here. There's still a lot to be done, but we'll get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the whole country watched in horror and disbelief...please know we all care!Keeping you all in prayer...
ReplyDeleteThank you, Danette. We all know that soooooooo many care. Please pray for those who lost everything. Its a nightmare for them, and with the holidays right around the corner, it won't be a happy time for them.
ReplyDeleteoh Joanne, the aftermath is truly a war zone, my heart has ached for all of you, and we did all watch and pray for everyone. These are the most trying of times.... I am glad that almost everyone has their power back, and that help is there.... it doesn't fix anything,the losses are devastating, but it eases things a bit....
ReplyDeleteThat storm was scary even from 3000 miles away, I was so worried about you. After seeing the photos of places like Union Beach, I can see you were very very lucky, Honey. I think this huge wave of volunteer help from all over the US is fantastic, but I think both the state and federal authorities should get some praise, too. They had obviously learned from the mistakes of Katrina, and took the action needed both before and after the storm. Obama managed the emergency really well, and even Big Chris stepped up to the mark!! It's gonna take a long time to recover fully, but like you said.....you're Jersey-strong.
ReplyDeleteGlad to know that the post-storm response operations have been and will continue to be effective...
ReplyDeleteIt's very moving to see that when things are really bad solidarity still exists...
ReplyDeleteIt is in times of trouble that you all have to draw together and it is heart warming to hear of all the good people that have come to your aid. Bless them all in their unselfish work of assistance and may our lord also put his hand over your town.
ReplyDeletebig hugs
It's good to know the help continues. I've been keeping informed with z100. It's been so chaotic there. I'm so glad your safe!!!
ReplyDelete