Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mohonk Mountain House

IMG_1610IMG_0326IMG_0334IMG_0339IMG_0329IMG_0345
IMG_0344IMG_1439IMG_1440IMG_0350IMG_1445-001IMG_1442-001
IMG_1453IMG_1449-001IMG_1488IMG_1466IMG_1490IMG_1489
IMG_1493IMG_1509IMG_1505IMG_1504IMG_1515IMG_1535
Mohonk Blogger, a set on Flickr.
My daughter Lauren and I visited this hotel last Saturday, the 22nd - not to stay here but to just explore the grounds and gardens. Located on the shore of Lake Mohonk in the Catskill Mountains, its about a two hour drive from here. The hotel itself is a blend of styles, textures, and colors! It started out as a ten-room inn in 1869, built by twin brothers Alfred and Albert Smiley, and has been continuously family owned since then. Its designated as a National Historic Landmark. While we were there, the Turkish Ambassador was a guest of the hotel, although we didn't see him. The day was cloudy and on the cool side, but it was a nice day out nonetheless.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful :) I luv the doorway shot !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool. And it is obvious that spending time with your daughter is good for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are just awesome shots! I love the grounds and that hollowed out tree! What a beautiful place for a drive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you !!!

    Such a wonderful set of photographs and what better way to spend time with a daughter dear than on a photo trip. *smile*

    How did you do an album??? I have not figured that one out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Flickr. I put the photos I want to show here in an album on Flickr, and then there's a link in Flickr where you just click on it and it uploads the album here. Easy :-)

      Delete